Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Mission System Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will provide mission/system engineering support in the Earth Observation for the following tasks:
- Support the definition and monitoring of activities for the end-to-end preparation of future ESA Earth observation missions.
- Initiate, support and perform internal studies, in particular to assess the results of industrial activities.
- Initiate and support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects and of end-to-end mission performance simulation.
- Contributing to ensure the technical coherency of the system design, including, as needed, functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets, system performance analyses, definition of spacecraft and/or payload subsystems and related data processing.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, preferably space Engineering or engineering with relevant background and experience in space projects and associated technology developments.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Several years of experience in Space Projects in the Earth Observation Field, preferably in preparatory Activities (Phase 0 and A).
- Experience in Space Systems Design is an asset.
- Experience with System (Performance) Simulation and/or End-to-End Performance mission performance simulator is an asset.
- Experience in development phases (B/C/D/E1) is an asset.
- Knowledge of sensing techniques used in EO missions is an asset.
- Knowledge of Matlab and STK or similar tools is an asset.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Good communication and technical writing skills with ability to synthesize.
- Good organisational skills.
- Methodical and proactive, with ability to work autonomously.
- Creativity-oriented problem solving mindset, able to develop feasible concepts from ideas.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU