Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a IV&V Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EUMETSAT).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Would you like to work on the CO2 monitoring mission currently being developed by EUMETSAT?
The objective of CO2M is to provide the European Union with an operational capacity that contributes to the global monitoring of anthropogenic CO2 emissions, in the context of emissions reduction commitments from the Paris Agreement on Climate.
CO2M is an operational programme part of EU Copernicus, and is being developed by EUMETSAT and ESA.
- Contribution to the planning and execution of engineering and IV&V activities at System, Overall Ground Segment (OGS) and OGS Sub-segment Level
- Engineering activities for IV&V, including:
- Definition of IV&V plans and test scenarios, specifications and procedures;
- Coordination and implementation of Integration activities;
- Coordination and implementation of Verification activities;
- Contribution to Validation activities;
- Contribute to the development of the OGS sub-segments and components procured externally.
- Master’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation, including technical requirements;
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in the integration, verification and validation (IV&V) of ground segments, including data processing systems and/or processors (including generation of test plan, test specification, procedures, test data and test reports for end-to-end processing chains);
- At least 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering and IV&V related activities for at least one major element of a ground segment for earth observation missions;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
- Knowledge of development standards (e.g. ECSS);
- Experience in change control procedures;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in interface management and definition, including familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition and capability to prepare and manage ICD;
- Experience with formal acceptance testing;
- Experience in formal verification control processes (VCBs) and maintenance of VCDs;
- Experience of automatic testing environments and test automation to support Integration, Verification and Validation of Ground Segments;
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance processes, e.g. management of non-conformances, waivers, deviations.
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems;
Considered an advantage
- Experience in operational environments under strict configuration management rules;
This job is located in Darmstadt, Germany (mainly on-site). We welcome applicants who are available from July 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter).