Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will be assigned to the Financial Management Section of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality (D/TEC) and will be responsible for:
- Coordination and consolidation of in-year and multiyear resource plans;
- Multi-year analysis, historical trends;
- Proactive Programme/Project controlling, analysis and reporting;
- Interfacing with counterparts in other Directorates, such as finance/corporate controllers/project controllers, as well as within D/TEC;
- Interfacing with Directorate’s Business Controller Administration Managers;
- EC FP7/H2020 reporting;
- Third Party Activities;
- Monitoring and control of Service Level Agreement;
- Proactively contributing to the definition, implementation and improvement of management support processes, methods and tools;
- Contributing to the multiyear performance assessment and specific analysis of the Directorate;
- Supporting colleagues in the team to ensure smooth operations and continuous high standard of service to internal and external customers
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, such as project or financial controller, required.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills with the ability to manage large and complex data sets.
- The ability to synthesize complex information
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a balance of assertiveness with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- A results-oriented and proactive approach.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be client focused.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being a cooperative team player in a diverse and international team.
- SAP and IPSAS knowledge is considered a distinct asset for the position.
- Experience in creation and development of Tableau dashboards.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes is an advantage;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU