Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an Application Support for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). To ensure success as an application support engineer, you should possess experience in providing application support in a secure environment.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
With the introduction of ESA-P and the new business processes, new support has been created to the D/SRE own set of tools in order to support its programme and projects. The Candidate will provide support and maintenance of the SRE data warehouse, business intelligence portal and (legacy) cost applications.
- Maintaining, supporting and evolving (where required) SRE legacy and cost applications
- Managing the data warehouse, it’s optimization towards performance and the creation of new structures to support the integration of additional data
- Maintaining the ETL system based on Talend Open Studio
- Managing the MicroStrategy metadata structure, creating and maintaining objects such as attributes, facts and metrics
- Creating reports in MicroStrategy
- Handling support cases with MicroStrategy customer support
- Change and configuration management for the MicroStrategy metadata structure, ETL system and data warehouse
- Analysis of requirements, feasibility and impact
The Candidate will team up with requirements analyst/developers to form a central point of contact to handle all requests related to the SRE Business Intelligence Portal in close liaison with key users and business experts.
- Qualification in Informatics
- At least 5 years of experience in related activities
- Strong PL/SQL skills
- DBA skills in Oracle RDBMS
- Data modelling experience, including “snowflake” model
- Database/query performance tuning skills
- ETL experience, specifically usage of Talend
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux platform
- Good understanding of ESA business/financial processes and related terminology
- Familiar with ESA current and legacy (cost) applications
- Qualification and experience in MicroStrategy BI platform and tools