Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of
- satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing;
- SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems with emphasis on network design aspects
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks
- MSc in Telecommunications Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAC layer perspective
- Minimum of 4-year experience, but 10-year would be preferred
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required
- Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors)
- Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) and commercial simulators (STK, OPNET, NS-3) is required
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems, sub-systems and networks is preferred.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU