Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
We are currently seeking a Service Manager who will be responsible for all services that we provide to ESA at ESTEC in the Netherlands.
The Service Manager position is the most senior on-site representative of the service. They are responsible and accountable for the overall service provision, and management of all staff on the service. The Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the service and acts as the formal interface to the customer.
- Overseeing and guiding all activities of the service
- Planning and assigning tasks, monitoring the progress of the activities/projects
- Managing service team members to ensure the service objectives are met.
- Ensure the service always meets or exceeds all SLA, KPIs and contractual conditions.
- Resource planning: sickness, holidays, additional workload etc
- Ensuring an integrated service approach, service innovations and evolution across all services provided.
- Building and maintaining client relationships, responding appropriately to any formal escalation from client either face-to-face, by email or telephone.
- Ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely and professional way.
- Producing service performance reports (KPI’s, SLA targets achievement) to an agreed schedule.
- Chairing of the monthly and quarterly Service Review Meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Managing the organic growth of the service.
- Financial planning & forecasting.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- University degree (Computer Sciences, Business Administration or equivalent).
- In-depth service management experience in complex service environments.
- Experienced with Service Level Management.
- Space business experience a plus but not required.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes, certification a plus.
- Leadership skills and people management experience in an international environment.
- Financial budgeting & planning knowledge a plus.
- Problem Solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently & self-motivate.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU