Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Programme/Project Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office.
The Candidate will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with the following specific tasks:
- Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
- Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans
- Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes
- Coordinating internal resources and activities – Interfacing with line management and stakeholders
- Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency’s practices and processes would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU