Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Dependability and Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Provide safety engineering support to the ISS flight operations team.
- Provide support to ESA and users operations team for the correct interpretation and implementation of applicable ISS mission safety requirements.
- Provide safety engineering support to definition and approval of ISS maintenance operations.
- Provide safety-engineering support during mission preparation and execution for anomalies and unplanned maintenance.
- Provide safety assessment of on-orbit anomalies. Support Columbus Anomaly Response Team (CART), Material Review Boards (MRB), failure investigations as required.
- Perform training activities as required.
- Support the review of Integrated Experiment Hazard Analysis (IEHA).
- Ensure that Operational Hazard Control Matrix (OHCM) database / LISA tables are updated by Industry/USOCs.
- Support the verification of ESA Operations Hazard Control ( eOCAD) Implementation by Operational teams.
- Support NASA Mission Evaluation Room (MER) Safety and NASA Flight Operations Directorate safety for approval of maintenance operations..
- Support the Operations Data File (ODF) and Mission Action Request MAR/CHIT process and related approvals.
- Perform safety of flight briefing and post flight lessons learned exercise
- Support collection and exploitation of In-orbit data.
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc).
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS methods and tools.
- Support preparation of training courses and materials.
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops.
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (Research Fellowship, OSIP…).
- Support preparation and assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification, with relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in event management, required.
- Clear and focused communication skills.
- Capacity to handle complex situation and complex environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience in ESA Product Assurance and Safety.
- Extensive knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes. Detailed knowledge of system engineering key principle, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of ESA and NASA safety certification process, including verification methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the program safety certification and follow up operations, including astronaut’s awareness and training as necessary.
- Extended understanding of the hazards which are intrinsic of a system and/or induced by space operations, and the way they are either eliminated or controlled.
- Detailed knowledge of the ISS system, subsystems and payloads/experiments, of safety requirements and of their implementation constraints.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.