Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting an Inventory Control, Transport and Logistics Officer for Sapienza to work from our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Inventory Control, Transport and Logistics officer will be responsible for all administrative, control and consultancy support for all transport and logistic activities for our client. The scope of support for these activities covers all phases of spacecraft missions, from procurement planning until final dispositioning of hardware.
The post is based in Noordwjik (Netherlands) at our client’s site.
Inventory control support:
- Asset Inventory control
- Maintenance of the relevant databases, including updates w.r.t. most recent physical and regulatory status of received hardware.
- Verification against violation of rules and regulations on export control and, if necessary, taking corrective action.
- Verification against violation of rules and regulations on safe transport and storage.
- Verification of hardware specific guidelines to maintain adequate operational status during storage.
- Regularly review the status t Inventory with the objective to minimise storage capacity and associated cost.
- Regularly review the status the relevant inventory lists.
- Support early establishment of Procurement Plans and Project Inventory List
- Verify Procurement Plans and Project Inventory List against rules and regulations of export control, international sanctions, transport, handling, storage and disposal and advise the project accordingly.
- Utilize the Project Inventory List to anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Support disposition of assets (hardware) following launch of spacecraft.
Transport and Logistics Support:
- Support project in the proactive control of the contractors’ transport plans, their preparatory activities and transport executions to ensure cost efficiency, compliance to national and international rules and regulations.
- Keep up to date and provide advice and assessment on changing national and international rules and regulations on export control, international sanctions and customs, on transport and storage and on applicable safety and security regulations.
- Master’s Degree with relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of proven experience and competence in the domain of logistics and export control gained in the industry or public organisation.
- In-depth understanding and Working experience with national and international transport regulations and safety regulation as well as to custom regulations, transport and handling of equipment including hazardous goods, export control regulations and international sanctions.
- Good presentation skills and clear communication skills to explain regulatory requirements.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.