Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting a Serco company is recruiting a Metallic Materials and Processes Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Act as electronic assembly expert focal point for defined ESA projects, reporting to the project customers and provide technical expertise in MPSBs and NRBs Overall management of information and promotional material.
- Act as technical expert for the review of assembly verification in compliance with ECSS
- Act as technical auditor for the ESA audit of electronic assembly line
- Support Mandatory Inspection Points as a Cat 2 Inspector for electronic assembly
- Support relevant working groups, both internally and externally, for technical coordination in the area of electronic assembly and PCB technologies
- Support to relevant project Assembly MPCBs
- Coordinate and support laboratory testing, characterisation and verification for electronic assembly and repair (soldering, solderless connection, crimping, etc.) as well as printed circuit boards
- Contribute to technology development strategy and implementation including Pb-free transition
- Contribute the development of relevant requirements and standards
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in engineering
- 4 years of professional experience in Engineering domain and a proven capability in the above areas of responsibility.
- Experience in conducting electronic assembly verification reviews
- Knowledge of ECSS-Q-ST-70, 70-26/61/70-71 requirement
- Good knowledge of PCB technologies
- Capability to take technical recommendations and decisions in electronic assembly and materials and processes in general
- Experience in defining and executing test plans qualification and process validation
- Knowledge in lead free and/or COTS assembly
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.