Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting an ECSAT Facilities Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The ECSAT general infrastructure consists of two buildings: the main building being an office building consisting of offices, meetings rooms and the supporting technical facilities located in technical areas. The second building is a Conference Facility, including a fully equipped Conference Block, as well as a catering eatery area and the supporting technical areas in various plantrooms. As part of the ECSAT infrastructure for facilities support is a rented laboratory, located further in the Harwell Campus.
Facilities management at ECSAT is done through the follow up of an outsourced performance-based total FM contract (both hard and soft services). The hard services part covers the maintenance and operation of the site infrastructure as well as the execution of infrastructure modifications and small projects in the civil, mechanical, electrical and fire security and automation domains. The soft services consist of general services such as cleaning, transport and shipments, mail, refreshment service etc.
This position covers the provision of electrical, mechanical, and maintenance engineering support to follow up the outsourced support, including support where required for the general services. Furthermore, this position covers as well the specific Health and Safety and other ISO standards requirements covering the facilities in ECSAT.
This position covers the following activities, in full support to the ECSAT Site Manager, but is not limited to:
- Review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan as prepared and performed by the outsourced total FM service contractor operating on site.
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by the outsourced total FM service contractor’s third-party companies on site assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels. This includes as well overseeing the Site Acceptance Tests where applicable.
- Provision of technical support for the management of projects related to the Facilities Management domain (e.g. technical infrastructure installation renewal, facility refurbishment, new installation).
- Analysis of technical failures and identification of corresponding technical solutions.
- Provision of technical expertise and consultancy support on all present and foreseen systems notably with regards to their maintenance, repair, overhaul, improvement, upgrade, or replacement as well as systems safety-related matters.
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing by means of key performance indicators (KPIs) the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities by the outsourced total FM service contractor on all ECSAT FM installations.
- Execution of ad-hoc projects under the supervision of the Head of FM Service.
- Input to Intranet information related to the area of support provided.
- Coordinate the FM activities for the preparation of special events in ECSAT.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with 14 years relevant experience or vocational plus minimum of 24 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in building infrastructure and facility management with mechanical or electrical engineering as an area of expertise.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and UK legislation; including excellent understanding of SFC-20.
- Good knowledge of UK Health and Safety regulations especially related to maintenance, as well as experience working and documenting within ISO 9001, 450001, 14001 and 50001 environments.
- Extensive knowledge of the Archibus CIFM database would be an asset.
- Able to work with the following software packages: Visio, Autocad, Revvit7, Archibus CIFM, MS Office.
- Sound analytical skills. Be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement, or repair.
- Dealing with customers for complex service requests that cannot be directly handled by the individual service contractors.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.