Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Business Information Analyst for DG for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Support the design and development of models and related data models to be implemented in the ESA model developed by DG-AE (including expansion of scope and integration of Directorates’ specific needs).
- Support data mining and analysis for corporate controlling activities at ESA level.
- Supporting the definition and development of IT systems and databases in support of Evaluation and Internal Audit activities.
- Support the development of simulation capabilities by leveraging the ESA model and its data sources (e.g. Multi-Agent approach).
- Configuration management for databases and IT systems.
- Support the production of internal and external reports.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong mathematical and statistical modelling skills.
- Understanding of mathematic-business models for financial planning and forecasting.
- Good knowledge of programming (Relational Databases, SQL, Oracle, Matlab, Visual Basic).
- Knowledge of the most popular IT application in support of Corporate and Project Management related processes (ERP, Project planning, Procurement, Workforce Management, etc.).
- Knowledge of Corporate and macroeconomic reporting practices.
- Proficiency in configuration management for databases and IT systems.
- Understanding of Information Systems management issues.
- Ability to document the work provided.
- Strong team spirit, including ability to organise work according to needs and requirements of multiple team members and stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn, fast and continuously.
- Capability to absorb high workload.
- Deliver on time and on quality.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.