Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza is part of the Serco group and is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ of experience in supporting the space sector. Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As a member of the SMITH+ Service we are looking to hire Applications Engineer, whose responsibilities will be to coordinate, plan and deliver, in a responsible and practical manner, play an active role in the daily delivery of the services.
- To design, develop, implement and operate business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Ensuring adequate delivery of the service processes as defined in the service agreement.
- Management of ad hoc requests including preparation for audits or otherwise directed by the Service Manager.
- Logging and monitoring the KPIs and SLAs and ensuring the service delivers adequately against these (including producing the required reports and providing to the Serco Service Manager responsible of the service and Serco CM).
- Monitoring current processes in place and proactively leading continuous improvement together with the other members of the service team.
- Timely notification of exceptional operational issues to Serco Service Manager for the service.
• Existing applications and reports.
- Maintain all reports and dashboard of the existing applications in the respective technology
- Design, develop, implement and release to operations of new reports and dashboard to support data analysis, based on users’ request and in agreement with the TR
- Coordinate with the corporate teams managing the esait solutions on which BMIT business intelligence relies on (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Datalake, etc)
- Manage the ETL (Export, Transfer and Load) system of the BMIT services to ensure appropriate and correct data are visible in the BMIT application and all reports and dashboards.
- Monitor daily the correct functioning of the reports and dashboards
- Run statistics on the usage and provide analysis of interest
- Functioning Reports and Dashboards
- Quarterly statistics and analysis
- Quarterly report
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with typically 4 years of relevant experience.
- Study qualification in Informatics.
- At least 5 years’ experience in related activities.
- Strong PL/SQL skills.
- DBA skills in Oracle RDBMS.
- Data modelling experience, including “snowflake” model.
- Database/query performance tuning skills.
- ETL experience, specifically usage of Talend.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux platform.
- Good understanding of ESA business/financial processes and related terminology.
- Familiar with ESA current and legacy (cost) applications.
- Qualification and experience in Power BI platform and Tableau.
- Office 365 experience
- Data extraction and structuring from SharePoint
Candidates must be eligible to work in EU.