Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Telecommunications Satellite Ground Segment Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- The initiation, monitoring and controlling, in collaboration with the Procurement and other relevant ESA Departments, development activities for the satellite communication market.
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of managed activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone-completion dates.
- The identification and definition of needs for future satellite communication systems and services.
- Satellite Communication Projects implemented in the Directorate when required.
- Coordination with internal ESA stakeholders as required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in supervising technology and product development activities carried out by industry for satellite communication applications.
- ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes are considered an asset.
- Ground segment satcom market and system architectures.
- 5G/6G, Optical communication and/or security and safety.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in UK.