Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Secretary / Administrative Assistant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). This is a fixed term contract until the 31.12.2024.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Support for JCB (TIA-Programme Board) as backup will be part of your activities, including review/formatting of documentation, publication of official documents and presentations, logistics coordination.
- Travel to support meetings in-person (min 4x per year) will be part of the job.
- Maintain contact with broad number of internal and external stakeholders will be required, i.a. coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/Division; Administrative and/or external counterparts in an international setting.
- Participating to TIA Events organization.
- Support the Business Office team in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational and day-to-day matters, analyzing and prioritizing incoming and outgoing correspondence. Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements. Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- Support generating documents and textual and graphics presentations.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft365 and Teams.
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.a. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed.
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset.
- It is important to note that this position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multi-national team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.