Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Project Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The candidate will deal with Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to one or several mission(s) in the Earth Observation Projects Department. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the relevant Project Manager/ Head of Division and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate. The candidate will report hierarchically to the Head of the relevant Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s) / Head of Division.
- keep track of the offices allocation for all the EOP-P department personnel (staff and contractors) in Estec;
- anticipate offices allocation changes due to personnel arrival, departure or change of team;
- always ensure coherent team offices allocation, keeping members of each team in close proximity
- liaise with the ESA administration for office-related procedures;
- regularly report on offices configuration status, including short-term and long -term planned evolution and highlighting potential issues requiring management attention;
- preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilizing established procedures and financial/information systems;
- cost at completion (covering financial aspects of activities e.g. space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP, Post Launch Support, Ground Systems, System Analyses and Agency manpower and provided services);
- cost plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce related costs;
- financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast;
- supporting the Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…);
- supporting the Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents;
- maintaining historical project databases;
- interfacing with Industry counterpart on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements;
- supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems;
- support EOP Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets;
- assist in the preparation of project(s) audits if required
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of projects, preferably in engineering driven organization.
- Knowledge of computer systems and of information / planning / coordination / accounting tools (e.g., esa-p, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project) as well as familiarity with modern dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be result oriented and must demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must possess good judgment, integrity and good communications skills.
- A good knowledge of Excel is expected.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.