Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Secretary / Administrative Assistant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). This vacancy is a fixed term one, for 2 years, until the 31.12.2024.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Analyzing incoming emails and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Department Head. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches Department Head to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions.
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments, and meetings, organizing the missions and associated claims and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern.
- Supporting the Department Head (and Department Administrator) in the preparation and follow up of routine administrative matters such as:
- Collect and consolidate responses to calls/campaigns for all Trainee and maintain overview lists.
- Collect and consolidate senior management inputs to corporate requests, Bilateral meetings, etc., and relevant publications.
- Coordinate the accommodation requirements of the Department.
- Collect and consolidate the yearly Conference and External Training requirements for the Department.
- Maintain the Department organization chart.
- Coordinate interview requests for the Projects.
- Support to the Project Review Process as required.
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the Department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate.
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Department in liaison with the Project Controller, including preparation of requirements.
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission to Department Head for approval.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly organized, tactful, autonomous, flexibility, team spirit and discretion are a must.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.