Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a PA and Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. We are one of the leading space industry and services companies that is a trusted adviser to international and national space agencies across the globe.
- Support the Copernicus missions Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S)Managers in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme;
- Participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g.manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points(MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of requests for Deviations and Requests for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Support the Copernicus PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the Copernicus PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and report on Copernicus PA status;
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10years experience in Product and Quality Assurance in the space sector;
- Proven record of Product and Quality Assurance activities for spacecraft units;
- Experience with test campaigns at the spacecraft level is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Problem-solving mindset and a high capacity to deliver are highly considered;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.