Field(s) of expertise
Earth Observation Software Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a Mission Performance Chain Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. We are one of the leading space industry and services companies who is a trusted adviser to international and national space agencies across the globe.
- The assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in Python.
- The assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data, S4 enhanced EM data).
- The assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT.
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in the L1b processing specification.
- The support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration key data to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration key data.
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT.
- The employee will report to the S4 Principal Engineer.
- Master’s or PhD or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with demonstrated background and experience in data processing.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system.
- Candidate shall demonstrate familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.