Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a FTSE 250 company that employs over 50,000 people, we operate internationally across four geographies: UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and across five sectors.
We are among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies and have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector. Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
We are looking to hire an experienced Linux System Administrator who will work for Serco, but on-site with CNES (Centre Nationale D’Etudes Spatiales).
- Provide system administration or system administration support for Production platforms.
- Ensure the optimization and continuous improvement of the operation of the platforms, in conjunction with the Platform Managers and the Operations Managers: optimization of the configuration of the platforms (operating system and basic software), management of intervention sheets, updating of documentation, creation and configuration management of procedures and scripts, study and proposal of modification requests, etc.
- Ensure the interface with the customer’s centralized services and outsourcing for hardware maintenance and system administration: monitoring of incidents, service contracts, upgrades, hardware, etc.
- Ensure the interface with the services providing support to the MCO (energy, air conditioning, DSI, logistics service for infrastructures, etc).
- Provide support to the operating teams for the qualification of system and/or network incidents: analyze the causes, determine the corrective actions, implement them or request their implementation by the entities concerned (outsourcing, etc.).
- Ensure the deployment of new versions of the operating system, in accordance with the customer’s technical base (Linux master, etc.), or, depending on the case, provide support during the deployment of these new versions.
- In the event of a major change, participate in the operational qualification of machines, operating systems and network links.
- Report to the managers (MCO manager, platform manager, operations manager and technical manager) of any anomaly likely to disrupt the operation.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Linux system administrator
- Proficient in LINUX (RedHat, CentOS), UNIX (SUNSolaris, HPUX, IMB-AIX), WINDOWS (Server, Seven, XP)
- Virtualisation experience (VMWare ESX mainly; KVM, OpenStack)
- (LDAP, Apache, Tomcat, Torque, NFS, PostGreSQL, docker, etc.)
- Eligible to security clearance
- Fluent in French and English
- Ideally already based in Toulouse or willing to relocate
- EU citizens only