Field(s) of expertise
Marketing & Sales
About this job
Sapienza is recruiting a Vice President International Sales who will build and lead a highly successful global sales team. Our client has acquired skills in systems design, network installation and provisioning, and access to satellite and high-speed fiber capacity.
The VP for International Sales is responsible for management and operations of the company’s sales activities across all international regions. This position reports directly to the President & CEO and is a key part of the international leadership team.
- Build and lead a highly successful international sales team that has fun working together and executing its commitments to the company. Create a culture and vision that people believe in and want to achieve.
- Collectively, with peers, responsible for the company’s culture.
- As member of the leadership team, this role must demonstrate readiness to run the company.
- Participate actively in the leadership’s formulation of strategic plans to grow the company’s revenues, market share and profitability.
- Translate those plans into sales strategies that meet both short term operational plans and long-term growth plans for the company.
- Forecasting qualified sales pipeline and order bookings to allow company to accurately forecast revenues.
- Responsible for working closely with other leaders in the company to support corporate priorities and develop growth strategies for the International business
- Work across regions and the organization to ensure that the company’s overall strategic planning and budgeting is informed by regional market strategies and insights
- Lead regular regional business reviews within each region and lead the monthly International business review process for the leadership team.
- Responsible for development and delivery of reporting and presentations to support executive decision making and provide key metrics and performance indicators for the business
- Lead the international sales team across three regions (Latin America, Europe, Middle East/Africa, and Asia Pacific).
- Implement short-and long-range goals, revenue plans, objectives, policies, and operating procedures consistent with our strategic business plan
- Play a hands-on, direct role in sales, channel sales and strategy, account management, including attending sales meetings and helping to close deals
- Understand and drive a solution sales methodology to the market
- Analyze feedback and recommend new sales strategies
- Understand the sales process and buying cycle – must demonstrate ability to close deals
- Understand the products, services and capabilities in depth and communicate that to the marketplace
- Master’s degrees preferred but not essential
- 15+ years of consulting and/or strategic management experience with international sales in a technology company. Preferably in areas delivering wireless and satellite solutions and services to the market sectors.
- Experience in forging alliances with regional and local business partners, banks (commercial & development), local and federal governments to further aims of the company’s strategic growth.
- Experience in addressing the needs of international ministries of defense, security organizations as well as civilian government agencies.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation), interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong executive presence and influence to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the company
- Drives sales by guiding (through demonstration by example) collaboration between internal and external working groups
- Strong experience in crafting complex international contracts and agreements that mitigate risks to the company
- Strong skills in nurturing business relationships with partners and customers. Relationships that help brand our company as “the company with which to work.”
- Extensive management experience including management of cross-functional teams across global locations
- Exceptionally adept at presenting analysis and key recommendations
- Strong skills in researching, defining and targeting key market segments via in-depth territory and account planning to enable a high rate of sales to identified leads
- Excellent ability to manage competing priorities, work in a fast-paced startup environment and identify broader opportunities to improve processes and exceed the business plan deliverables
- Leadership experience that demonstrates leadership not administration
- Position requires international travel
- The company uses Salesforce as the primary CRM tool across the enterprise.
- You get excited about building a global sales team and strategy for a technology company that is voluntarily transforming itself to be whatever it wants to be.
- You develop structure and process in a fluid and evolving environment
- You are disciplined, analytical, but extremely creative and innovative. Understands the difference between creativity and foolish risks taken.
- You assemble and lead teams that can explain the difference between being customer-oriented and sales–oriented.
- You value people and love to see them flourish, especially in revenue-generating roles.
- You’ve had extensive international sales experience and are excited at the prospect of leading a fast-growing international technology company do things it hasn’t even yet defined yet for itself.
- You possess natural sales instincts that can engage with influencers and decision makers to communicate the company’s value proposition
- You understand how to exceed quota across the international spectrum you oversee.
- You attract and mobilize only the best people (skills and culture) through clarity of your vision, ability to articulate it and empathy to enable your team to perform beyond their own expectations.
- Integrity, vision and passion are essential for this leadership position
- Mentoring is key to this role
- Operating with high ethics in diverse cultural environments is key to this role
- This role is remote based ideally someone who is based in Europe.