Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Location: The Netherlands, Noordwijk, ETS
Contract duration: ¬2 years employment contract with Sapienza – possibility to extend.
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting Satellite Test Engineer(s) with (ability to obtain) security clearance to work on-site at the European Test Facilities and support ongoing ESA missions.
Conduct Test at unit, subsystem and satellite level:
- Type of test: Electrical interface unit tests, functional tests, subsystem test and system test.
- Subsystems: On Board Computer, Attitude and Orbit Control System, Propulsion, Payload, Thermal Control System, Power, Security System, TT&R.
- Level of responsibility depends on your capabilities. Test Operator or Test Conductor
- Constant monitoring of the satellite health
- Writing and maintaining test procedures and hardware work instructions.
- Scripting and maintaining test sequences.
- Preparation of test reports with evaluation of test data.
- Preparation and participation to test reviews (TRR, PTR, TRB). Either internal or external with presence of the customer.
- Finding, analyzing and solving the non-conformance of the Satellite in close collaboration with subsystem’s responsible.
- Preparation of test setups: Satellite connections (Non-Flight) EGSE connections, SAAPs connections
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering or other engineering field
- Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: On Board Computer, Attitude and Orbit Control System, Propulsion, Payload, Thermal Control System, Power, Security System, TT&R.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience:
- Testing at unit, subsystem or satellite level.
- Use of EGSE
- Use of electrical measurement tools (Digital Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Laboratory voltage sources etc…)
- Experience in Tcl/Tk or Python is a plus.
- Experience with CCS system (e.g. CCS5, OCOE, etc) is a plus
- Well-developed communication skills, used to work in a team
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical manuals, data reports, mechanical schematics, electrical schematics and design specifications
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote)
- Sense of responsibility and an effective way of working
- Comfortable to work under time constraint
- High degree of flexibility
- Must have EU Security Clearance (Secret) or be willing to undergo clearance processes
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset