Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Simulator Systems Modelling Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC-ESA, Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
- Modelling of systems (including spacecraft, ground segment and other required auxiliary systems).
- Elaboration, development and promotion of tools for distributed and collaborative engineering.
- Support for mission simulation, science operations planning and scheduling and experiment operations verification.
- Elaboration, development and promotion of the concept of generic simulation testbeds (such as ATB), applicable for different projects, including preparation and promotion of relevant standards.
- Real-time simulation infrastructure and tools based on different platforms, including LINUX environments. This infrastructure can support both hardware-in-the-loop and man-in-the-loop simulation.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the procurement of EGSE for space systems, subsystems and instruments including preparation of requirement specifications, monitoring of industrial activities, acceptance of industrial products and participation in project reviews.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the development of space system database software and utilization including support to specification, architecture, implementation, software problem solving, exchange and interfaces with external systems, data modelling verification of consistency and completeness of data, compliance with technical documentation, project reviews.
- Visualisation and graphical user interaction on different levels, including MMI design, parameter visualization, and up to high-end 3-D real-time, interactive and immersive visualisation systems, also known as Virtual Reality (VR) simulation. Develop, integrate and maintain VR applications and the related technology.
- Maintenance of the EGSE- SCOS based reference facility and Space System Database reference facility to support prototyping of new technology; standards validation and evaluation of industrial methods and tools.
- Participation in the definition of standards for ground system and operations, electrical test facilities and modelling and simulation in the context of ECSS and ESA internal standardisation.
- Master’s Degree in electronic engineering, Space systems engineering, computer science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- At least 4 years relevant experience within software engineering, software design and configuration control methods, tools and standards.
- Knowledge of real-time software and Object Oriented design methods, databases and most common operating system (Windows, Corba, Linux, Unix, etc.).
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in most common programming languages (in particular C, C++, FORTRAN, Java), databases (ORACLE, ACCESS, MySQL, E/R, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.