Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
We are recruiting an Administrative Assistant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site ECSAT-ESA, Harwell, UK.
The position is a permanent contract for 0.5 FTE (20 hours weekly).
- Day-to-day support to unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing the distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation
- Provision of various logistic support to the unit
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of unit personnel
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the unit
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents
- Organization of agenda and of meetings
- Maintaining documents libraries for the unit, including maintenance of changelog, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the unit and take minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit
- Participation in organization of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support of an organizational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support for the Project Review Process
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating, and distribution of the site telephone list
- Participation in the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis
Specific for ECSAT:
- Pro-actively supporting the ECSAT Site Manager in following up of actions, and interfacing with nominated external partners
- Minute writing support for meetings called by ECSAT Site Manager, according to need
- Ad-hoc support to the ECSAT Site Manager in restructuring the document set-up for the unit, or other secretarial tasks as and when needed
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- For site-specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular, Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage
- Professional in all dealings with ECSAT staff, contractors and visitors
- Highly flexible, efficient, well organized and have an eye for detail
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 20/02/2020 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.