Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an RF Payloads Engineer with a focus on Microwave and Millimetre Waves Technology to support the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality at ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advances RF payloads and instruments in the domain of telecommunications (Emphasis on payloads based on active antennas) and earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers).
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development.
- Provide RF payload technical support to projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and earth observation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks of R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the space and ground system and technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency payloads and instruments for space applications in the domain of telecommunications and remote sensing.
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital signal processing.
- Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python).
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.