Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an Antenna Engineer to support the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration, Activities Test Definition, Cost Estimation, Test Execution and Delivery of Data/Test Report to the customer.
- Supporting the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration activities test definition, cost estimation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer.
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterization facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results.
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation).
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation.
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas.
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing in the space domain:
- Knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems.
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way.
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.