Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Radio Navigation Engineer to support to the Galileo System Security Unit in the Galileo Security Office.
The work includes specification, design and security risk analysis of radio navigation satellite systems, with emphasis on security and cryptography aspects.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Definition and evaluation of system security design concepts.
- Definition of GALILEO system and segment requirements, interacting with system and segment experts, focussing on (cyber) security and PRS topics.
- Evaluation of segment proposals focussing on (cyber) security and PRS.
- Support to the ESA Engineering Board process, in order to maintain the requirements system baseline (using DOORS).
- Support to Procurement, Development, Integration, Validation of System Security Tools validating the Navigation System Concept.
- Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office.
- Supporting technology developments (Signal generator and Receiver) in preparation of PRS test bench and security activities.
- Supporting the procurement of system tools (e.g. Emulators, Test Bed) contributing to the proof of concept and experimentation of PRS evolutions.
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap, focussed on cyber/security engineering aspects, with emphasis on the domains of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
- Master’s Degree in telecommunications or electronic engineering or cyber/security engineering, as well as experience in these.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Specific and Strong knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in robust PNT.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of large distributed security systems.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.