Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer to work for ESA-ESTEC.
The position is to provide support to Navigation Projects such as EGNOS and GALILEO.
Alongside this you will be supporting R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers’ performances in a hybrid PNT framework.
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics.
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and/or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies/user segments.
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Some experience in system design and user equipment technologies for secure wireless systems is considered an asset.
- Background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) in several of the following fields: GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies
- Advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion).
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.