Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Radio Navigation engineer to work in ESA-ESTEC, in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. The successful candidate will support Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and will work closely with the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team.
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, ) with particular focus to multi-GNSS multi-frequency receivers.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor station receivers and user receivers.
- Support to the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team, including Sub-System level engineering activities, Verification activities and participation to Sub-System reviews.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in mass-market multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy and robust PNT.
- Specific and Strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from test receivers to professional and mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- The specialist shall in particular have several years experience (4+) relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- They shall be specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- The following competencies would be an asset:
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements, Java programming and carrier phase-based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK);
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3;
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.