Field(s) of expertise
Quality-Product Assurance and CM
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer to Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
In addition to work package description activities:
- Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
This includes the following main tasks:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations;
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary;
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System;
- Though part of the generic Work Package, the below activities are not a strong requirement for this specific position:
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Support to launch campaigns.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree;
- Organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.