Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Flight Software Systems Engineer who will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division at ESTEC-ESA.
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software;
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities;
- Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics;
- Design, test and validation of on-boards software;
- Customization of real-time operating systems for space applications;
- Maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set;
- System evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management;
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology program.
- Master’s Degree in or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc.;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering tools;
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C;
- Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an asset;
- He/she shall be able to function as part of a team, Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.