Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Software Engineer to support the preparation and executions of activities related to new technologies in both Ground and Flight areas of the Software Division.
- Machine Learning applications for data processing: image processing, anomaly detection, predictive maintenance, support to test, intrusion, threat and malware detection, etc.
- Autonomous applications: autonomous planning of spacecrafts, e.g. automatic selection of observation targets, automatic rendez-vous with non-cooperative targets, automatic landing, vehicle systems management, etc.
- End to end cybersecurity systems: Information security system requirements analysis, architecture, and design, protection against AI-enabled attacks and threat vectors
- Knowledge representation and reasoning, Natural Language Processing: support to requirements engineering, support to spacecraft Assembly Integration Test and Validation
- Verification and Validation of new technologies for their use in space systems
- Model Based System Software Engineering: Ensuring the digital continuity starting from high-level system models down to automatic code generation
- The support will be provided to both internal (R&D) and external (projects) activities
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Good experience in the development of Software applications related to the specific tasks of the position
- Results orientation and relationship management are considered important
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence technologies is mandatory
- Software practical experience, Object Oriented design methods, databases, compilers, Linux, Windows as well as several programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, R, Haskell, Java is mandatory
- Knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. Matlab) and libraries (e.g. TensorFlow) is an important asset
- Knowledge in (Model-Based) Software production, test processes and associated tools (e.g. Capella,
- Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect, On-Board Software Reference Architecture, TASTE) is an asset
- Knowledge in software standards (space ECSS, aircrafts, train, automotive) is interesting
- A pro-active and can-do attitude is expected
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU