Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an EGNOS Ground Segment Engineer to provide support to EGNOS as part of its evolutions that are in process with EGNOS V3.
- Engineering and management support of the software development and qualification at System and Subsystem level within EGNOS V3 Procurement.
- Engineering and qualification support of the software safety and certification aspects related to HW and SW within EGNOS V3 Procurement.
- Support to System and Subsystem Interface definition and verification.
- Support to System Integration, Validation and Qualification campaigns.
- Participate and witness the functional test campaigns at system level at subcontractors’ premises and on-site at the EGNOS sites.
- Support to the review of System and Subsystems documentation for critical appraisal of Industrial deliveries.
- Participate in Industrial subcontractors’ meetings and reviews in Subcontractor premises.
- Participation in representation of ESA in the V3 Non-Conformance board for issues raised in the V3 system.
- Participating within EGNOS Project Office team to Industrial prime meetings and reviews.
- Support the EGNOS Project Office team in Industrial proposals and change request evaluations
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Proven knowledge and experience in the fields of Navigation and related data
- Hardware and Software real-time development experience
- Experiences in, procurement of industrial activities, in safety-critical software and real-time software development and verification
- Experience in the integration, verification and qualification of large software systems
- Knowledge of SBAS Systems and have sufficient knowledge of the Civil Aviation domain (mission, organization, standards, etc…)
- Knowledge in EGNOS development applicable standards (ECSS, DO-178B, DO-254)
- Experience with simulation tools development and utilization
- Knowledge of the EGNOS System, design and qualification
- Good knowledge of MS office tools
- Good knowledge of DOORs;
- Fluent in English and French
- Knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.