Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Project Controller to join Directorate of Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration Programmes. The successful candidate will be Project Controller for some of the Directorate’s new activities, reporting functionally directly to the project manager / technical officer.
- Bring together information on the schedule, cost and risks in order to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project.
- Support the Risk management process of the Projects.
- Assist the Project Managers and Technical Officers in the planning and tracking of the new PPP activities, and help define and implement customised procedures needed for these activities.
- Prepare, develop and maintain overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities.
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency.
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agency’s Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of Industrial offers and CCNs, and preparation of Disposition Records.
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalised.
- The Project control tasks will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example our industrial partners.
The other main area of work will involve providing schedule management support to the main missions of the Directorate, as/when required. This will include:
- With an emphasis on schedule analysis, participation in major tender evaluations of the directorate.
- With an emphasis on schedule analysis, participation to the major technical reviews of the main projects in the Directorate.
- Support the projects in their schedule interactions with our main international partners.
- Assist the projects in the regular schedule control of its industrial consortium.
- Conduct specific ad hoc schedule analysis of HRE activities as needed.
- Assist the HRE Project Control section in the design and implementation of new schedule control / progress monitoring techniques.
Because of the pro-active nature of the work on schedule controlling that will be required, the post holder will need to show:
- Demonstrated expertise with the use of modern schedule IT tools (ie MS Project, Primavera)
- Familiarity with the techniques that allow the use such IT tools to provide active schedule management.
- Ability to interact professionally with the technical personnel in our projects.
- Familiarity with the schedule peculiarities of spacecraft development would be an asset.
- Capability to summarise and present effectively complex information to colleagues or senior management.
- Scheduler tasks will bring the incumbent in contact with the main new projects in the HRE department and also with their industrial consortia and the international organisations with whom we partner (NASA, JAXA, CSA and ROSCOSMOS).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Previous experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example our industrial partners.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.