Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Project and Service Management
About this job
We are looking for a senior Payload Data Ground Segment Operations Engineer for our customer ESRIN. You will join the Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) team which provides operational services covering the whole payload data processing chain, from instrument data acquisition to access to mission data sets. This includes the operations for ESA Earth Explorers, Third Party Missions and Heritage Missions. You will provide engineering support for the definition, implementation, adoption, and evolution of the PDGS operational framework.
- Definition of End-to-End operations management processes, across different services involved in mission PDGS operations implementation (e.g. Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration management, Validation and Deployment)
- Coherent implementation and evolution of End-to-End process management support tools
- Definition and evolution of a PDGS operational “reference model” and associated operational architecture and baselines
- Definition and maintenance of generic operational requirements, according to reference operational model
- Support operational contribution to new missions during implementation phases, ensuring alignment with PDGS operational reference model and baselines (e.g.: by participating on project reviews, providing operational expertise, supporting definition of mission operational requirements and operational concept, etc.)
- Contribute to coherent adoption of operational management and architectural model by different missions
- Support definition of requirements for PDGS End-to-End Monitoring tool
- Support implementation, maintenance, and evolution of PDGS End-to-End Monitoring tool
- University degree or equivalent qualification in a technical discipline, preferably in Earth Observation or Computer Science.
- Significant experience on Payload Data Ground segment architecture and operations (on ESA missions or representative/similar environment)
- Good knowledge of ESA and TPM operational missions on-scope of this activity (or capacity to rapid acquisition of such knowledge)
- Excellent understanding of overall PDGS architecture and operational model, with capacity to translate to operational needs and requirements.
- Experience/knowledge on service/operations best practices and processes (e.g.: configuration management, change control and release management, incident and problem management, etc.)
- Project/service management skills and experience
- Ability to complete complex tasks with minimal guidance and to work and cooperate with others
- Fluent English (both oral and written)
- Capacity to generate good documentation
What do we expect?
- Electronic applications only. Please don’t send paper copies by mail.
- Cover Letter, ideally covering the following:
- Short intro and summary about yourself, background and experience.
- State why you would like to work for Solenix.
- Describe the rationale for your application, why are you applying and why you think you are a good candidate for this position.
- State your eligibility to work in the country of the work location.
- State your current status and availability.
- CV, preferably in Europass format, containing at least
- Valid contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address).
- Exact birth date.
- Career summary (education and training, work experience).
- Dates in career summary as accurate as possible, at least on month level.
- Career summaries in reverse chronological order.
- Skills (languages, IT, social skills etc.)
- Supporting docs, e.g. marks, diploma, publications, letters of references, description of activities and projects.
- Short profile: 1/2 – 1 page description of your background, experience and skills.
- Clearly state in the email subject for which position you are applying or if it is a spontaneous application.
- Confirm in your email that you have read this page.