Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
Within the Service & GNSS Projects Development Department, the Service Evolution Engineer Performs the EGNOS services evolution related tasks under the Service Evolution Manager coordination.The Service Evolution Engineer is responsible for:
Performing EGNOS services evolution related tasks
- EGNOS Services related documents/publications production, namely:
- Support to the Evolution Expert in the Service Definition Documents (SDDs);
- Service roadmaps, service notices, contingency notifications to ANSPs and related procedures definition/update;
- Preparation of service declarations to users;
- EGNOS V2 Service Engineering Board related actions implementation & follow-up
- EGNOS contingencies communications implementation as per ESSP Contingency Communication Manual.
Technical support in the EGNOS services evolution activities:
- Improvement of procedures and processes of the Service Evolution area;
- Improvement of visualization of the technical contents of the EGNOS documentation;
- Support to the introduction of EGNOS new services or service levels;
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Team player spirit
- Good level of English (B2-B1) – CEFRL
- Spanish (desirable)
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Proactiveness/ initiative
- Project management
- Service Development oriented
- Relevant knowledge of EGNOS, GALILEO and GNSS in General.
- Available for regular travel, especially in Europe
- Minimum 3 years of experience in satellite navigation (GNSS) and 2 years of experience in a field relevant to EGNOS Services and Applications.
- Engineering degree or equivalent Experience in projects in an international context (European)