Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The main purpose would be to work wide variety of avionics components. The role requires to apply engineering knowledge, by performing real-time troubleshooting as the product goes through qualification and production testing.
More specifically, you will:
- Troubleshoot avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing and defect detection, full functional testing of an assembled unit, and resolving on-vehicle anomalies
- Write and execute verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements
- Be responsible to modify electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for flight applications
- Design and troubleshoot test setups and associated support equipment to support execution of testing strategies
- Participate in manufacturing assessments of new designs to drive optimization
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- MSc Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience in electrical schematic capture software (Altium or similar)
- Experience in Testbed and Testbench setup and automation
- Good communication skills and a great team player
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Highly organised and proactive with high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Driven and eager to learn
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience in 3D CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks or similar)
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Python
- Good Knowledge and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience in PCB production