Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Leading a passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop the architecture and execute the overall design of the avionics as an integral part of our orbital launch vehicles. You will play a key part of the team’s impact on all aspects of vehicle build, test, operation and integration, including all relevant subsystems.
More specifically, you will:
- Hire a cutting-edge team of experts not just from the aerospace industry but also from parallel and innovative industries to develop avionics that are worthy of a launch vehicle in 2020
- Own the entire Avionics efforts including development and updates of the Avionics strategy and roadmap
- Provide leadership to the Avionics team and be an integral part of the wider Isar Aerospace team
- Collaborate with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions
- Be responsible for realizing aggressive development and testing timelines
- Masters/PhD in Electrical or Aerospace engineering
- Direct hands-on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug as well as deterministic communication and digital control systems with programmable logic such as FPGAs and microcontrollers
- Knowledge of extensive testing of electronics including environmental testing, signal integrity, power, grounding, and general board layout principles
- Exposure to analog and digital filters, signal conditioning and signal processing
- Familiarity with amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters, power supplies, and analog circuits
- A proven track record of leading diverse teams and relationship building at all levels in an organization
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and handle confidential information
- Driven and target-oriented with analytical problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Highly organized and proactive with high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills