Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
The main purpose would be to support the structure development with an interdisciplinary analysis of the loads and excitation’s of the launch vehicle in all phases from manufacturing through testing, assembly and launch to decommissioning.
More specifically, you will:
- Predict and analyze load cases on a 6-DOF global FEM model:
- Predict loads and excitation’s in all life phases arising from given flight profiles, handling and launch procedures
- Identify structural load paths and internal load distributions
- Create design requirements and stress reports for structure development
- Downselect critical load cases for given components and interfaces
- Define envelopes for mechanical and thermal environments
- Create and maintain a database for determined load cases and envelopes
- Implement automated load case determination tools in the 6-DOF flight simulation in close cooperation with the GNC department
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience with FEM analysis in ANSYS, Abaqus or similar
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink or Python scripting
- Structured and well-organized way of working
- Intuitive understanding of mechanical failure conditions and driving load factors
- Good communication skills and a great team player
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Highly organised and proactive with high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Driven and eager to learn
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Professional experience in a stress department inside the aerospace industry
- Experience with testing and certification of aerospace structures
- Good knowledge of orbital launch systems