Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management
About this job
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
Being part of the Strategy and Business Development Team and report directly to the Strategy and Business Development Manager, the Bid Management Responsible will support ESSP development in managing ESSP’s bids.
The Bid Management Responsible is in charge of the following tasks:
- She/He assesses new business opportunities in line with the objectives of the company business plan, she/he confirms customer needs undestanding and presents them for GO/NOGO decisions.
- She/He coordinates specific proposals from the identification of the opportunity up to contract signature. This may include management of temporary multi-disciplinary teams set up for the purpose of proposal preparation.
- She/he pilots draft proposals:
- Defining proposal approaches and targets,
- Gathering technical inputs from stakeholders and proposing project profitability,
- Challenging proposal stakeholders aiming at guaranteeing offer competitiveness,
- Managing necessary progress meetings and reviews, She/He is accountable for on-time submission of specific proposals (administrative, financial and technical parts) in compliance with both the customer requirements and ESSP objectives.
- She/He is in charge of proposal archives and the transmission to the Contract Manager,
- She/He supports the Business Development team on development actions (commercial actions, business case studies, …)
- She/He supports the Business Development team for other activities of the department as needed.
- Autonomy, initiative and organization
- Excellent communication and presentation
- Ability to summarize and present complex subjects to very diversified audience
- Customer oriented
- High level of English (B2-C1) – CEFR
- Curiosity for complex technical Space Systems & ATM (Air Traffic Management) services
- Understanding of contractual, financial and technical matters
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of public procurement rules
- Risk awareness
- Available for frequent travels in Europe, possibly on short notice
- Flexibility: subject to peak of workload at time of proposal preparation and submission
- Engineering or business school degree with good understanding of complex technical environments
- Bid Management experience in international projects, including proposal management for European institutions
- Experience of at least 5 years in Space or Aviation markets, to be evidenced by network of contacts within the sector.