Field(s) of expertise
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as a Mission Systems Software Engineer.
- We are looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to variety of technical projects across our portfolio, integrating customers and contributing to the growth and maturity of our Capability.
- Successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a growing, agile and diverse engineering capability using advanced tools and technologies, initially in support of our Training and Simulation projects but with opportunity to develop and contribute across the Mission Systems portfolio.
- You will be integrated into a faced-paced and dynamic customer focused environment and stretched to achieve your potential.
To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of contemporary technologies, systems engineering principals and software architectures and methodologies.
You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability with:
- Significant experience of systems engineering practices and principles (ideally model based)
- Knowledge of software and systems test methodologies and best practices
- Skills or domain knowledge in Command and Control Systems, Sensor Integration, Communications, Messaging Protocols and Mission Systems
- Experience in developing and applying continuous improvements to process and productivity
- Experience in providing writing technical elements of bids and proposals and generating new business
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures, CICD Automation and DevOps paradigms
- Innovative mindset and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people
- Experience in developing technology strategies and roadmaps
- Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development environments and processes
- Experience in complex, real-time, multi-threaded, distributed systems
- Familiarity with source code control and document configuration management systems
- A “drive to action” approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK.