Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
A Rotary Wing Data Management Specialist is required to provide focused Data Management support to the Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) and Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA) programmes and assist the growing portfolio of BDUK air System programmes. The role will also provide support to Configuration Management processes and deliverables and will act within a wider Product Lifecycle Management Team.
- Administer data, including government furnished information, in a configured manner, ensuring correct marking and archiving.
- Update and maintain virtual environments where technical information is shared to multiple sites and manage provision of offline backup systems.
- Control access to, and carry out user account audits for, electronic environments.
- Assisting with activities to identify and document product requirements relevant to certification, configuration, data and data management and engineering processes.
- Assisting with plans and processes to ensure products meet technical, data, regulatory and company requirements and to maintain configuration control.
- Supporting the monitoring of adherence to regulatory, data configuration and contractual requirements.
- Liaise with integrated project teams to create and maintain a review and approval process for supplier deliverables including collaborating with colleagues overseas.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality, configuration and contractual requirements in accordance with supplier statements of work.
- Maintain status and metrics of data acquisitions and deliverables.
- Support the use of controlled document management systems (iPDM) and electronic delivery methods across the programmes.
- Administer a local library of hardcopy publications and discs.
- Collaborate with other functions and the MoD customer to resolve issues with the provision of technical information to suppliers.
- Potential involvement in other areas and programmes if required under direction from team lead.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and problem solving skills
- Pro-active and enthusiastic team player
- High concern for detail and quality
- Ability to plan and deliver own workload under general supervision
- High degree of IT literacy
- Experienced in working with controlled data in a recognized system
- Experience of working with aerospace documentation within a maintenance or support authority / MOD organisation desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.