Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK will soon be installing state of the art training equipment to support the P-8 Maritime Patrol Aircraft at RAF Lossiemouth. We are looking for Senior Simulation Technicians to support installation and introduction into service of this equipment.
Following installation support the successful candidate will provide routine maintenance, fault finding and repair activities. This is a senior technician role supporting the P-8 On-Site Training Manager but reporting directly to the Head of Training Engineering for BDUK.
- Supports initial installation, commissioning and operation of the P-8 training equipment.
- Leads, guides and mentors less senior technicians.
- Oversees and performs troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance, reconfiguration, and modification of the Training Devices and other electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems as required.
- Performs system administration and supports general IT maintenance tasks for all equipment used in the provision of the P8 training service.
- Administers and troubleshoots servers and networks, provides maintenance of system security tools, administration of user’s system access controls and monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
- Accomplishes system initialization and checkout; system operation for extended periods; rapid fault diagnosis and correction; data logging, and system shutdown.
- Maintains system documentation and records as required.
- Performs general pre-operations, post-operations and configuration of training systems.
- Supports major system modification or fault rectification, which may requiring manual handling and lifting, and limited working at heights.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the support of full flight simulators (ideally CAE 7000 series) as well as experience in typical System Administration tasks.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Significant experience in synthetic training ideally in a military aviation context
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Good analytical skills
- Customer focused
- Willingness to work in a military environment requiring adherence to security procedures
- Willingness to work in a safe manner
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to work on multiple tasks when under pressure, and to resolve competing demands on time to deliver results without compromising technical or programme integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in a military environment would be advantageous but is not required
Shift Work Statement: Please note that this role will require you to work a shift system, including late shift.
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.