Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources & Recruitment Aerospace Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Fixed Wing domain. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts. The P-8A Lead Maintenance Training Instructor is based at the P-8A Training Facility at RAF Lossiemouth.
- Leads the development, delivery and evaluation of technical training through a maintenance team of instructors to RAF P-8A Technicians.
- Conducts support to engineering course design and maintenance including provision of generic engineering training advice on course content and objectives.
- Student mentoring including – Lesson preparation, Instruction, delivering the content of LSPECs and ASPECs and Post lesson activities
- Establishes processes for identifying training content and evaluating training effectiveness. Uses specialised software technology to research, configure, maintain, update and develop new and existing media and materials.
- Gathers data to support complete proposal development activities.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of training products to include:
- Coaches and develops other instructors in the Maintenance Team.
- Provides training services that meet the highest technical and quality standards, regulatory requirements, and company policies and processes and embraces first-time quality as a way of life – not accepting, creating or passing any defects and speaking up
- Identifying and correcting conditions and behaviours that affect employee, public, and customer safety; upholding safety standards; demonstrating proactive safety culture leadership.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Experience of RAF instruction on multi-engine aircraft
- Previous experience as P-8 Poseidon Maintenance Instructor desirable but not essential
- Management experience desirable
- Successfully completed Defence Train The Trainer (DTTT) Phase 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as avionics, mechanical, and systems
- The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas, cultures and functions
- IT proficient specifically Microsoft Office applications
- Skill and ability to: collect, organise and analyze data; summarise findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK Security Clearance (SC).