Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The position serves as the technical liaison for BCA with the Boeing International – Brussels office, European governmental agencies, and various industry and trade organizations in Europe.
The position supports Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Global Services (BGS) and Boeing Defense and Space (BDS) engineering in the Boeing International – UK office and has responsibility for representing interests of these businesses on technical and regulatory issues and policies of the European Union and UK. The majority of this effort is dedicated to the policies of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) but may also include engagement with DG-MOVE, ECCA and other agencies of the European Union.
- knowing and understanding ongoing technical and regulatory developments of significance to the company and keeping company leaders abreast of those developments;
- helping to provide quantitative and qualitative inputs to EASA rulemaking consultations and the European Plan for Aviation Safety (EPAS);
- representing the priorities and needs of BCA, BGS, and BDS engineering to Boeing International personnel and aviation-related organizations located in the UK and Ireland; and
- supporting engineering personnel when help is needed in the European Union and UK.
The position requires regular interaction with managers and specialists at the EASA and the UK CAA responsible for developing and implementing governmental policies regarding aviation technical and regulatory matters.
The position requires a thorough understanding of the EASA Regulations and how they are applied (as well as staying abreast of any applicable new regulatory environments, e.g. UK CAA); of the process for making changes to the Regulations; and of the process for obtaining all types of certifications related to aircraft design, manufacture, maintenance and operation.
The position is responsible for participating in the development and execution of Boeing enterprise strategy in the following areas:
- Government requirements related to Initial Airworthiness and Continuing Airworthiness, especially Part-21, Part-M Subpart G, Part-145, Part-147, and Part-CAMO, OSD, Part-ORO, Aircrew Training, FSTD, etc.
- Ongoing issues associated with the certification and introduction of new and derivative airplane types;
- Changes and evolution of the aircraft overhaul, maintenance and repair business and its regulation by the government;
- Changes in aircraft equipage related to future air traffic management and air navigation technology advances;
- Ongoing developments related to Airworthiness Directives, Best Intervention Strategies, Notice of Proposed Amendments, Certification Memorandums, Service Difficulty Reports, European Technical Standard Orders, Direct Delivery Authorizations, and other significant regulatory documents; and
- Government/manufacturer/airline industry programs to advance aviation safety
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required.
- Applicable experience in a professional exempt engineering classification.
- At least 8 years of engineering experience in the aerospace industry.
- Preferable to have at least 3 years of experience working with the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), National Civil Aviation Authorities in Europe, and/or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UK. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume.