Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for an Electrical and/or Avionics Product Review Engineer to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) and will report to the Structures & Build Capability Engineering Manager.
- Apply Boeing design engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that arise and design interim and final engineering solutions.
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles to develop interim or final engineering solutions to product/process issues throughout production and/or for technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Analyze, conduct failure analysis, root cause analysis and troubleshoot to understand root cause. Provide assistance and engineering support to identify solutions. Provide written dispositions for design non-conformances. Support activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety and product/process improvements.
- Develop customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Develop and implement product/process improvements.
- Participate in Material Review Boards and supports Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as providing technical input to design and in-service reviews.
- Represent the engineering community in the post production environment.
- Ensure supplier and build partner comply with Boeing standards & processes. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
- Participate in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team.
- Analyze damage repair or electrical modifications to determine the appropriate solution to prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment.
- Recommend non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, processes and standards.
- Work independently and determine and develop approaches to solutions. Receive general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
The successful candidate will be trained to hold a Material Review Board (MRB) authorisation certification for the applicable platform.
The successful candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience;
- Degree in relevant aerospace-related subject
- Chartership registered with an appropriate engineering council or working towards registration preferred
- Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles (RAs), specifically;
- RA 1000 Series – General
- RA 4000 Series – Continuing Airworthiness Engineering (CAE)
- RA 5000 Series – Type Airworthiness Engineering (TAE)
- Knowledge of aircraft certified to the following standards;
- FAA CFR Part 25 – Airworthiness Standards, Transport Category Airplanes
- EASA CS-25 – Large Aeroplanes
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.