Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Information Technology
About this job
Momentus has an immediate opening for a Sales Solutions Engineer to support the business development team within one of the most dynamic and fastest growing start-ups in Silicon Valley.
Momentus’ mission is to provide connecting flights in space. To do this we are building versatile space tugs propelled by our Microwave Electrothermal Thrusters (MET’s) to boost our clients’ payloads to their desired orbit. We seek a creative and positive person with a diverse set of technical and business capabilities to play an integral role on our business development team.
- Technical writing for commercial and government proposals. Working with the senior sales lead and the technical team, the individual will help develop pursuit strategies, and responses to customer inquiries and proposals, incorporating themes that highlight Momentus’ discriminating capabilities
- Using Momentus’ software tools, the sales engineer will determine orbital trajectories and trip times for prospective missions
- Working with the Product Leads and Business Development, create and maintain product and service data sheets and other customer collateral
- Flexibility to lead ad hoc projects and tasks as they arise
- Travel (post-COVID) may be required for conferences and other activities
- BS in Engineering, Physics, or other STEM degree with the applicable experience; MS preferred
- The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of work experience in developing proposals for the USG and/or commercial customers in new space or the general aerospace industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise and accessible language with supporting infographics
- The ideal individual is results driven, has a proactive and positive attitude, and is eager to hit the ground running
- Ability to work productively in high tempo environment