Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production. Resolve issues pertaining to vendor schedule and/or quality
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances
- Responsible for implementation of tooling and or production planning, from original concept to production. Design these processes with a high degree of process capability utilizing the GKN standard Manufacturing Engineering tool suite to demonstrate as such
- Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation
- Delivers measurable, metrics driven results in line with Value Stream and Program goals
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, and co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Must have an active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain
- Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements
- Aerostructures (metallics and/or composites) experience
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook