Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Contribute to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provide specialized technical assistance to team members
- Use advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determine and develop own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Work under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Act as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively work to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have an active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain
- U.S. Citizen per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Aerostructures (metallics and/or composites) experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills