Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Research, develop, analyze, design, and test company products or processes using engineering and scientific principles to implement engineering solutions to meet organizational objectives
- Responsible for ensuring product (including parts, assemblies or tools) are consistent with company and customer quality standards
- Interface with other members of project or program team, management and manufacturing staff to facilitate the implementation of manufacturing process improvement initiatives
- Support, identify or implement Lean initiatives to improve products and processes
- Continuously improve product and processes via designs, work instructions, statistical process control and other relevant methods and concepts
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree B.S. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil engineering or related discipline. Combination of 15-20 years of education and/or NX and CATIA V experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of related experience
- Utilizing engineering software Unigraphics NX preferred, but will consider CATIA V experience (with knowledge of ENOVIA a plus)
- Must hold and be able to maintain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizen per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
Additional Experience and Qualifications:
- Fibersim and/or CPD experience preferred
- Composites and metals design experience
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Power Point, Word and Microsoft Project)
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills